Charlie Hodson appeared as a special guest chef of Channel 4's Sunday Brunch to cook up his award-winning sausage roll recipe, which features Wild Knight English vodka as one of the star ingredients.
- 3/4kg of pork sausage meat from Tim Allen
- Teaspoon of rapeseed oil
- 10 ounces of fresh blood black pudding from the boys at the Fruit Pig Company
- Couple of strands of Norfolk Saffron broken down in a drop of water
- 15ml of Wild Knight English Vodka
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 1/2 kg of puff pastry roll to 3mm using Nortons Dairy butter
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Charlie's Norfolk Food Heroes original smokey and sticky BBQ sauce
- Combine all ingredients except egg, pastry and BBQ sauce into bowl.
- Bind with hands and break into small pieces.
- Roll out pasty into a 3mm thick rectangle shape.
- Place two rolls of sausage meat with 6 inches in between each roll, horizontally across the sheet of pastry.
- Egg wash pastry and fold pasty over the middle and cut. Repeat process for other part of sausage meat.
- Crimp pastry together.
- Cut into 6.
- Egg wash top and bake in a fan oven between 170-180 degrees for around 20-30 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve with Charlie's Norfolk Food Heroes original smokey and sticky BBQ sauce.
Recipe by Charlie Hodson